To download or listen to the audio file for this sermon scroll to the bottom of the page.
Serving Together - The Do’s and Don’ts (OHP 1)
Relating to one another is a problem, a huge problem. The bible says it can be done. The bible tells us it only takes these things. “Humility, meekness, patience, love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control”.
That’s all then - How we doing so far?
Beyond those general truths the New Testament also gives more specific do’s and don’ts about relating to one another. These specific instructions are held together in the expression “one another”. (Eph. 4:2-3)
Things we should not do to “one another”.
- Do not lie about one another. (Col. 3:8-9a).
- Do not judge one another. (Rom. 14:10-13)
- Do not speak evil of one another (James. 4:11)
- Do not provoke one another (Gal. 5:26)
Things we should do for “One Another.
- Be kind to one another. (Eph. 4:31-32)
- Receive one another. (Rom. 15:7)
- Do good to one another. (1 Thess. 5:15)
Serving Together - The Do's and Don'ts